If you want to drink Vega One™, Vega® Essentials, Vega® Protein & Greens, Vega Sport® Protein, Vega® Protein Smoothie, or Vega® Clean* Protein on-the-go, a shaker cup or Mason jar are your new best friends. Ready in 20 seconds flat, a protein shake is delicious on-the-go. But, if not properly layered, you’ll wind up with a very unpleasant dusting of powder—potentially all over your face. And you don’t want to sport a green or brown mustache every day.
Before you shake it fast, consider this stacking technique in either a shaker cup or tightly sealed Mason jar:
Basic Layer Technique (in order!):
3. Vega product
Next Level Layering (still, in order!):
3. Extra ingredients (here’s looking at you cacao nibs, hemp seeds, goji berries, flaxseeds and chia seeds)
4. Vega product
Feel free to use any liquid in the place of water. Coconut water, 100% juice, non-dairy milk, green juice, coconut kefir...the list goes on and on!
My Favorite Combinations:
2. Coconut Water
3. Vega Sport Performance Protein Chocolate
4. Cacao Nibs
5. Coconut Water
With Vega One Berry
3. Vega One Berry
4. Hemp Seeds
5. Goji Berries
6. 100% Fruit Juice
2. Coffee (chilled or Cold Brew)
3. Vega Essentials Vanilla or Chocolate
4. Coffee (chilled or Cold Brew)
1. Frozen Fruit (I love frozen mango or pineapple)
2. Coconut Water
3. Vega Protein & Greens Tropical
Shake-and-Go Recipes to Try:
Once you get the basics of shaker cup stacking, you can try out some more simple recipes with 4 Basic Shaker Cup Recipes.
Or, if you’re feeling ready to step it up a notch and explore some different flavors, try out a few of these:
- Cloudy Chai Coffee Protein Shake
- Cold Brew Coffee Protein Shake
- Maple Drizzled Protein Shake
- Warm Rooibos Tea Shake
- Coffee Mocha Morning Kickstarter
Want your own Vega® Shaker Cup? Get yours here.
*At Vega, Clean means Non-GMO Project verified, gluten-free, vegan, with no artificial colors, flavors, or sweeteners.)
How do you stack your shaker cup?