Serves 14 | 15 Minute Prep Time
By Vega Blogger Robin. Originally posted on her blog, Knead to Cook
Bites, balls, nuggets—whatever your preferred terminology we love to bite into a protein-rich treat. Adapted from Robin from Knead to Cook’s Chocolate Espresso Protein Balls, these Mocha Protein Balls are our new post workout treat. Want a fun twist to serve these to friends? Pair with organic strawberries for a protein bite skewer! Enjoy!
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 2 Tbsp Chocolate Vega Sport® Performance Protein
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 10 vegan dark chocolate covered espresso beans, chopped
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup flaxseed meal
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- Mix all ingredients together (I used my stand mixer) in a bowl and then refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Remove and make into balls, with a small scooper or your hands.
- Place in an airtight container to refrigerate. Will last 5-7 days but most likely they will be long gone before that!