Vega Sweepstakes Rules
Official Rules – Vega Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
Sponsor: Sequel Naturals ULC (Vega US LLC in USA), 101-3001 Wayburne Drive, Burnaby, BC V3C 6G5 Canada (“Sponsor” or “Vega”).
By participating, you (“entrant” or “you”) agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects and not subject to appeal.
- Sweepstakes Period: Vega Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on July 20, 2016 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on August 31, 2016 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
- Eligibility:The Sweepstakes is offered and open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico) and Canada (except the province of Quebec) who are age 18 or older at the time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico, Quebec and where prohibited by law. Employees, officers, directors, and their immediate families (defined as parent, child, sibling, spouse) of Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, and agencies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a Prize (as defined below). The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws. All online entries must be posted during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Sweepstakes will be Sponsor’s clock.
- How to Enter:Online Sweepstakes only. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Void in Puerto Rico, Quebec and where prohibited. Proceed as follows:
During the Sweepstakes Period, visit myvega.com/vega-sweepstakes (referred herein as “Website”) and fill out the entry form to provide your first name, email address, check off the checkbox consenting Vega to email you and submit to receive one (1) entry. Demographic fields available on the entry form will be optional and not required to enter the Sweepstakes. Alternatively, you can also locate the hover ad (pop-up) on the Website and follow the instruction to enter your email address in the field provided and submit to receive one (1) entry. Limit of one (1) Website entry per person using only one (1) email address throughout the Sweepstakes Period. You may only use one (1) email address to enter the Sweepstakes.
For purposes of these Official Rules, “Receipt” of an entry occurs when Sponsor’s email database records the entry information set out in the entry form. The Sponsor’s database must include the date of express consent resulting from the information you provided. Any automated computer receipt (such as one confirming delivery of email) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor for purposes of these Official Rules. Sponsor does not guarantee the receipt of any entry. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion. Entrant may unsubscribe at any time.
If you choose not to enter through the electronic method outlined above, you may mail in a 3” x 5” card with your hand printed name, complete address, daytime and evening telephone numbers (area code included), e-mail address and date-of-birth and mail the entry in a properly stamped #10 envelope to the ATTN: Vega Digital Marketing, 101-3001 Wayburne Drive, Burnaby, BC V5G 4W3 Canada. You will receive one (1) entry for each mail-in entry received, up to a maximum of eight (8) entries throughout the Sweepstakes Period (which included the maximum of seven (7) bonus entries that can be obtained as outlined further below). Mail-in entries must be postmarked by August 31, 2016 and received by September 2, 2016 to be eligible. Each mail-in entry must be mailed separately.
Bonus Entries: There are four (4) ways to earn bonus Sweepstakes entries as outlined below:
- Email:After you enter the Sweepstakes, you will be invited to submit, during the Sweepstakes Period, the names and email addresses of your eligible friends and family members who may be interested in entering the Sweepstakes. Each person that you refer will receive an email notifying him or her about the Sweepstakes with instructions regarding how to sign up for Vega email to enter the Sweepstakes. You may only refer persons with whom you have an existing relationship, and your referrals must be eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. You will receive one (1) bonus entry into the Sweepstakes for each person that you refer who enters the Sweepstakes in accordance with these Official Rules.Limit of five (5) bonus entries per person throughout the Sweepstakes Period using this bonus entry method.
- Post on Instagram:After you enter the Sweepstakes, post an image on Instagram and use hashtag #vegasweepstakes to show us how you would live your best life. You will receive one (1) additional entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit of one (1) bonus entry per person throughout the Sweepstakes Period using this bonus entry method.
- Email Preference Update:After you enter the Sweepstakes, update your email preferences by clicking the link at the bottom of your confirmation email, updating your preferences, and pressing submit. You will receive one (1) additional entry into the Sweepstakes for doing so.Limit of one (1) bonus entry throughout the Sweepstakes Period using this bonus entry method.
- Mail-In: If you choose not to earn bonus entries through any of the methods outlined above, you may mail in a 3” x 5” card with your hand printed name, complete address, daytime and evening telephone numbers (area code included), e-mail address and date-of-birth and mail the entry in a properly stamped #10 envelope to the ATTN: Vega Digital Marketing, 101-3001 Wayburne Drive, Burnaby, BC V5G 4W3 Canada. You will receive one (1) bonus entry for each mail-in entry card received, up to a maximum of seven (7) bonus entries throughout the Sweepstakes Period using this bonus entry method. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by August 31, 2016 and received by September 2, 2016 to be eligible. Each mail-in entry must be mailed separately.
Entrants are limited to a maximum of seven (7) bonus entries for the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of method of obtaining bonus entries. Online entry form entries or bonus entries received from any person or email address in excess of the above stated limitation will be void.
- Random Drawing:On or about September 2, 2016, four (4) potential winners will be selected in a random drawing conducted by the Sweepstakes Entities from among all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. ALL ENTRANTS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AT ANY TIME DURING THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD (IN THE SOLE DISCRETION OF SPONSOR), AND MUST MEET ALL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS BEFORE AN ENTRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED AS A WINNER.
- Prizes and Odds of Winning:Four prize winners (“Prize Winners”) will be selected. The prizes (“Prizes”) consists of a $1,250 travel voucher (US or CAN) to Flight Centre (CAN) or Liberty Travel (US), a $500 pre-paid Visa card (US or CAN), a $500 gift certificate (US or CAN) to (i) Lululemon; (ii) The Running Room; (iii) SurfRide.com; OR (iv) M.E.C (CAN)/ R.E.I (US) and a $250 promotion code (US or CAN) to use at the myvega.com webstore. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each prize package is $2,500 (US or CAN depending on location of Prize Winner).
The Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize (or portion thereof) with a prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for and the winners will not receive the difference, if any, between the actual value of the Prize at the time of award and the ARV stated in these Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes-related correspondence or materials. All federal, state, provincial and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes), if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the winner’s responsibility, regardless of whether the Prize is used in whole or in part.
- HOW TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE:The potential Prize Winners will be notified by email to obtain a current mailing address for delivery of the Prizes. Before being declared an official Prize Winner, the potential Prize Winners will be required to execute and return a Declaration or Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability & Publicity Release and a W9 form no later than 10 business days after the time such forms are postmarked as having been sent by Sponsor or that potential Prize Winner will forfeit his/her Prize. If a potential Prize Winner is found to be ineligible, or not in compliance with these Official Rules, or declines to accept the Prize, or if Sponsor does not receive a return email with a delivery address within 10 business days, or if a Prize notification or Prize is returned as undeliverable, such potential Prize Winner will be disqualified and his/her Prize forfeited without compensation of any kind, with an alternate potential Prize Winner being selected from among all remaining eligible entries received.
If a potential Prize Winner is a legal resident of Canada, he or she will be required to answer correctly a time limited mathematical skill testing question without assistance of any kind whether mechanical or otherwise to be declared a Prize Winner and be eligible to collect the Prize.
The Prizes will be shipped to each Prize Winner’s home address within four to six weeks after completion of verification procedures. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding a Prize for any reason outside of their control.
- CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification and their entries will be void. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant’s registration in the Sweepstakes if Sponsor determines or suspects that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other fraudulent, deceptive, or unfair playing practices. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes at any time if fraud, technical failures, or any other errors or other causes corrupt the administration, security, integrity, or proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right to select the potential Prize Winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation. Sweepstakes Entities do not warrant that access to the Sweepstakes will be uninterrupted. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any problems that may arise, including but not limited to: (i) lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, websites, or other connection, availability, or accessibility problems arising in connection with or over the course of the Sweepstakes; or (ii) failed communications or communications that are jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone, or cable transmissions or hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or difficulties; or (iii) failure of personal computers and/or software and hardware configurations, any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other errors in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of mail or entries, or the offering or announcement of the Prizes or in any Prize notification documents; or (iv) any other errors of any kind relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, or technical in nature; or (v) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information in connection with the Sweepstakes; or (vi) damage to a user’s system occasioned by participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading any information necessary to participate in this Sweepstakes.
- Releases:As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees: (i) to release, indemnify, and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability, loss, or damage incurred with respect to participating in the Sweepstakes or the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of the Prizes (or any travel/activity related thereto); and (ii) that under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, any punitive, indirect, incidental, consequential, exemplary, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; and (iii) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the awarded Prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (iv) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, and in no event will entrants be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or court costs. The winners, by acceptance of a Prize, grant to Sponsor, the other Sweepstakes Entities, and each of their respective designees the absolute right and license to use, publish, post, and/or display his/her name, address (city and state of residence), photograph, voice, likeness, and/or other indicia of persona (regardless of whether altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone, or used with other material in the Sweepstakes Entities’ sole discretion) in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or in association with Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Instagram. The information you provide will be used for the purposes of Sweepstakes administration
- General:Sponsor’s failure to or decision not to enforce any provision in these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in Sweepstakes-related materials, these Official Rules shall prevail. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s employees are not authorized to waive, modify or amend any provision or provisions of these Official Rules in any manner whatsoever.ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Governing Law:All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Colorado without regard to conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the appropriate state or federal court located in Colorado.
- Winner’s List: For the names of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by October 31, 2016 to: Summer Sweepstakes Winner’s List, c/o Vega, 101-3001 Wayburne Drive, Burnaby, BC V5G 4W3 Canada.
- Sweepstakes Termination: In the event the Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or provincial or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within its control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice or by posting a notice on website, in its sole and absolute discretion, if it is determined that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or any Force Majeure event(s) has destroyed or severely undermined or impaired the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes.
Short Form Rules:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OR ODDS OF WINNING. To obtain Official Rules, go to myvega.com/vega-sweepstakes. Open to legal residents of the United States and DC (excluding Puerto Rico) and Canada (excluding Quebec) and excluding employees of Vega. Entries must be submitted between 7/20/16 at 12:00 p.m. PST and 8/31/16 at 11:59 p.m. PST. To enter, subscribe to Vega email and submit Entrant information in the form provided on myvega.com/vega-sweepstakes. Entry must comply with Entry Requirements described in Official Rules. See prize details at myvega.com/vega-sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received.