Don’t let potatoes always sit on the sidelines. Make them the main event with these twice-baked potatoes. Loaded with not just cheese and sour cream, but also greens and beans, you’ll feel satisfied with this simple dinner.
- 4 russet or sweet potatoes
- ¼ onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cups greens (spinach, kale, chard, etc)
- 1 cup beans (black, chickpea, navy, etc)
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup non-dairy sour cream or plain (unsweetened) non-dairy yogurt
- Optional: non-dairy cheese
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Stab potatoes a few times with a fork and rub with oil. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until cooked through.
20 minutes before potatoes are done cooking: Sauté onions and garlic in oil until translucent.
Add kale and beans and cook until greens are wilted. Season with chili flakes, salt and pepper.
Once potatoes are done, cut in half and scoop out flesh. Mix flesh with non-dairy sour cream or yogurt.
Combine potato flesh with greens and beans. Put back into potato shells and top with cheese.
Re-bake potatoes for 20-25 minutes.