One of our favorites in Kathy Patalsky’s new book Healthy Happy Vegan Kitchen, you won’t want to miss out on the combination of strawberries and avocado. Buttery meets sassy sweet on a bed of tender mâche greens.
Kathy Patalsky is the founder of the popular vegan recipes website HealthyHappyLife.com. She also founded FindingVegan.com. Kathy has written two books: Healthy Happy Vegan Kitchen and 365 Vegan Smoothies. Kathy lives in Los Angeles.[annotation]HEALTHY HAPPY VEGAN KITCHEN, © 2015 by Kathy Patalsky. Photos © Kathy Patalsky.[/annotation]
- 2 cups mâche lettuce
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tsp chopped fresh mint, plus more for garnish
- Pinch of freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp raw hemp or sunflower seeds (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Toss the mâche in 1 tablespoon lemon juice and olive oil.
Divide between two serving plates.
Gently toss the avocado with the strawberries, mint, and lemon zest. Arrange over the mâche.
Sprinkle the hemp seeds over the top, if desired, and garnish with mint and additional lemon juice to taste.
Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.