Don’t be limited by the inclusion of tomatoes in most salsa recipes. Think outside the box and try RHN Beata Rydyger’s innovative twist on salsa. This mint mango salsa recipe is a delicious crowd-pleaser (and a fun way to change up your summer menu!).
Beata Rydyger is a registered holistic nutritionist and self-proclaimed juicing ninja specializing in digestion, detox and natural beauty. Her passion for all things nutrition stems from her own health journey and her true belief that whole, natural, unrefined and unprocessed foods have a profound impact on how we look and feel. Follow Beata for holistic health tips on Twitter and Instagram @shelivesclean and read more on her site.
- Salsa Ingredients:
- 1 medium-sized cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 fresh mango, pitted, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 avocados, pitted and chopped
- 1 roma tomato, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 10 fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Dressing Ingredients :
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine salsa ingredients and gently toss in a medium-sized bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk dressing ingredients then pour over salsa.
Toss until evenly distributed.
Serve immediately with your favorite organic tortilla chips or gluten-free crackers.