This spinach artichoke dip gets a protein makeover thanks to the secret ingredient: silken tofu! Serve with gluten-free bread, pita chips, or crudité.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ¼ onion, sliced
- 1 cup organic silken tofu (or dessert tofu)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 cup frozen spinach, drained
- 1 (14oz can) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
In a pan over medium heat, sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until translucent. Let cool.
Puree onion mixture with silken tofu, apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice), salt and pepper until smooth.
Stir in remaining ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.