If you’re trying to clean up your nutrition during this back-to-school season by eating more plant-based meals, this recipe is a perfect introduction to green smoothies. Apple, banana and carrot are naturally sweet and completely mask the flavor of the greens that give the smoothie its vibrant hue.
For best results, use a frozen peeled banana rather than a fresh one. This will make the smoothie thicker and reduce the need for extra ice.
- 1 scoop Vanilla Vega® Essentials
- 1 big handful of your favorite mild-tasting greens, such as spinach or romaine lettuce
- 1/2 peeled banana
- 1/2 tart apple
- 1 medium-sized carrot (6-7" length), peeled and chopped
- 1 cup Silk® Unsweetened Original Almondmilk
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 2 Tbsp)
- 8 ice cubes
Toss everything except for the ice into your blender and blend on high until completely smooth.
Add the ice and continue blending until all pieces are crushed.
Pour into a tall glass and serve.