What’s better than lasagna? Portable lasagna, that you can roll up into delicious noodle wraps and take with you anywhere. The tofu ricotta makes this an excellent plant-based choice for a hearty fall lunch or dinner.
Start by cooking the squash in the oven while you prep your lasagna noodles and tofu ricotta, then get to rolling!
- 12 lasagna noodles or gluten-free lasagna noodles
- 1 to 2 cups fresh basil
- ½ to 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 ¼ cups Silk® Original Unsweetened Almondmilk
- 1 package 14oz/397g firm tofu, drained and rinsed
- ½ Tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Salt, as desired
- 1 ½ cups puréed squash
- 3 cups spinach
- 3 to 4 cups tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Cut squash in half and remove seeds. Bake for 45 minutes or until fork tender. Once cool, peel and mash with a fork.
Cook Lasagna Noodles
Cook lasagna noodles according to package until al dente (still firm when you bite into it). Drain, rinse and cool.
Make Basil Tofu Ricotta
In a blender or food processor, combine basil, parsley and milk. Blend until herbs are pureed. In a bowl, crumble tofu with hands. Mix herb mixture, crumble tofu, red wine vinegar, garlic powder and salt. Set aside
Make Lasagna Rollups
- In a large oven-safe pan, pour one cup of tomato sauce in the bottom.
- Lay cooked lasagna noodles out onto your work station. Spread a thin layer squash purée onto the full length of each noodle. Top half each noodle with a thin layer of the ricotta mixture and a layer of spinach.
- Roll the noodle starting from the end with ricotta. Place so the open sides are face up into the pan. Repeat with all noodles.
- Pour remaining sauce over top of noodles.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 to 45 minutes or until sauce is bubbling. Serve.