Fuel your day with this quick lunch or dinner soba noodle bowl. It’s delicious hot and takes under 25 minutes to whip up. If you have leftovers, enjoy them as a brown bag lunch tomorrow—cold or gently warmed.
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 8oz package soba noodles
- Almond Sauce :
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼-½ hot pepper, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 Tbsp Vega® Antioxidant Omega Oil Blend
- ½ Tbsp agave
- ¼ cup water
- Topping Suggestions :
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 2 green onions, cut on a diagonal
- 1 carrot, cut into 2 inch matchsticks
- ½ English cucumber, cut into 2 inch matchsticks
- ½ cup daikon radish, cut into 2 inch matchsticks
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- ¼ cabbage, julienned
- ¼ cup roasted almonds, chopped
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
Cook soba noodles for about 8 minutes or until al dente. Rinse, chill and set aside.
Blend all Almond Sauce ingredients together until smooth.
Combine soba noodles, veggies and almond sauce in bowls.
Top salad with almonds and serve.