We’ve all been there. You spot the jar of a certain chocolate hazelnut spread in the pantry and, as you reach for it, start repeating the I’m-only-going-to-have-one-spoonful mantra. Unfortunately, that delicious hazelnut, chocolaty flavor sends you into an eating spiral, and before you know it, you’ve left the perfunctory remnants at the bottom just so you can logistically say you didn’t eat the entire jar.
Enter a treat just as decadent, but better for you. This Chocolate Hazelnut Smoothie is the ideal way to satisfy your taste buds and nutrition goals. And the best part? You can sip every last drop.
If you can’t find non-dairy chocolate hazelnut butter, make your own!
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened, vanilla
- ½ banana, frozen
- ¼ of an avocado
- 3 Tbsp Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- 1 Tbsp agave
- 1 serving Chocolate Vega One®
- ½ cup ice, cubes
- ⅛ crushed bar of Vega® Maca Chocolate
- Chocolate Hazelnut Spread (optional)
- 1 cup hazelnuts, roasted, skins removed
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ cup cocoa powder
- ⅛ cup agave nectar, plus 1 Tbsp
- ½ Tbsp stevia
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tsp coconut oil, liquid (optional)
Combine all ingredients through ice, and blend together.
Garnish with crushed Vega Maca Chocolate bar. Enjoy!
Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- In a blender or food processor, blend hazelnuts until they form a nut butter consistency.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth, or desired consistency.
- Taste and add additional pinch of salt if necessary.