Pack this salad into Mason Jars and you have lunch covered all week long.
- Turmeric Dressing (make one day in advance)
- 2 tsp turmeric, ground
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp stone-ground mustard (Dijon-style)
- 1 Tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp stevia
- Salt, to taste
- Arugula Harvest Salad
- ¼ cup quinoa
- ½ cup sweet potato
- 1 cup beets
- 1 small red onion
- ½ cup fennel, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
Place all salad dressing ingredients in a mason jar and shake well until all ingredients are combined. If the dressing seems too thick add a little more apple cider vinegar to achieve a thinner consistency. Place lid on jar, and refrigerate overnight.
Cook quinoa according to directions. Once it is cooked and cooled, place in an air-tight container and place in refrigerator.
Cut sweet potato into ½ inch cubes, toss with 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil and place on one side of a large baking sheet. Cut beets into ½ inch cubes, toss with 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil and place on the other side of the baking sheet. Bake at 425 F for 35 minutes, tossing halfway through. Sweet potato and beets should be soft and easily pierced with fork when done. Remove vegetables from oven, let cool, and place in separate air-tight containers in the refrigerator.
Slice red onion into 1 inch strips, toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and place on hot grill on medium heat. Grill until onion is soft. Remove from grill and toss with a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette. Chop onion and place in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Day of Serving:
- Remove salad dressing, quinoa, beets, sweet potato, and red onion from refrigerator.
- In a new, large, wide-mouthed mason jar, pour desired amount of dressing (about 2 tablespoons).
- Add the following ingredients to the jar, as ordered:
- Sweet potato
- Red onion
- Tighten lid and keep in refrigerator until serving.