Recipe created by: Ned Bell, Executive Chef at YEW Seafood + Bar
One of Canada’s foremost culinary talents and Executive Chef at the Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, Ned Bell uses green garbanzo beans instead of beef in these vegan tacos.
- Crispy wonton shells or soft corn tortillas (2-3 per person)
- 2 cups green garbanzo beans
- 1 cup chopped heirloom tomatoes
- 2-3 ripe avocadoes
- 1/2 cup small diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup small diced yellow pepper
- Sea salt, cracked black pepper, lemon juice, olive oil to taste
- Picked Jalapeño Peppers
- 1/2 cup sliced jalapeño peppers
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
Pickled Jalapeño Peppers
Bring vinegar, salt and maple syrup to boil.
Pour over peppers, let cool overnight.
Mix heirloom tomatoes, green garbanzo beans with the smashed avocado, salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil.
Build the tacos either soft or crispy!
Depending on how spicy you like it, add the pickled peppers to taste.
Serve and Enjoy!