Let’s take a moment and appreciate a good ol’ chocolate chip cookie. We took the classic cookie to the next level and created a protein rich plant-based treat without compromising taste or texture.
- 1 whole chia egg (1 Tbsp ground chia meal + 2.5 Tbsp water)
- 1 Tsp vanilla Extract
- 1 serving Vega® Protein Made Simple Caramel Toffee flavor
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup almondmilk, room temperature
- ½ Tsp baking soda
- ¼ Tsp sea salt
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (vegan)
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
Preheat oven to 375F.
Make chia egg by combining water and chia seeds. Set aside.
Sift together flour, oats, protein powder, baking soda salt. Set aside.
Cream almond butter, sugar and vanilla.
Add chia egg.
Add dry ingredients to wet mixture.
Mix until combined.
Add chocolate chips and walnuts.
Drop approximately two tablespoon of dough on ungreased baking sheet.
Gently press dough ball with your thumb to flatten slightly.
Cook until golden brown, approximately 12-17 minutes. (Note these take a little longer to become crisp than regular cookies due to the added protein powder)
Cool for 2-5 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.