Why eat the rainbow when you can lick it on a hot summer day instead? Cool off with a refreshingly frozen treat. This is a multi-step ice pop, but it can be spread over a day and kids can easily help. The final result is worth the extra effort.
- Red Layer:
- 1 cup frozen or fresh strawberries (could also use raspberries or watermelon)
- Yellow Layer:
- 1 cup frozen or fresh mango (could also use pineapple)
- Green Layer:
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 1 handful fresh kale or spinach
- 1/2 fresh cucumber
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 serving French Vanilla Vega One™ Nutritional Shake
- Purple Layer (optional):
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Blend strawberries until smooth. Add to pops mold, and let set in freezer for 15 minutes. Add sticks and let freeze completely (minimum 1 hour).
Blend yellow layer and add on top of red layer. Let freeze.
Repeat with green layer.
Feeling crazy? Leave a bit of space at the top and add purple layer.