Watch out cookies, there’s a new ice cream sandwich in town! We think these sammies can even count as breakfast, since they include waffles made with plant-based protein powder, and the “ice cream” is made just with bananas.
If we’re in a more decadent mood, we’ll add So Delicious® dairy-free ice cream to the sandwich instead of banana “ice cream” and make it official treat.
- 1 1/2 tsp ground flax
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Vega Sport® Performance Protein
- or 1/2 cup Chocolate Vega® Clean Protein
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- A pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable or grape seed oil
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other non-dairy milks)
- Ice Cream:
- 4 bananas, cut into pieces and frozen
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
Heat waffle iron.
Make flax egg by combining flax and water together in a bowl and setting aside.
Combine gluten-free flour, Vega One, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt in a bowl.
Combine peanut butter, apple cider vinegar, oil and almond milk with flax egg.
Combine wet and dry ingredients until a batter forms. Batter should be thick.
Cook waffles according to waffle maker instructions.
Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Enjoy immediately or freeze overnight for a harder texture.
Put banana ice cream in between 2 room temperature waffles. Wrap and freeze for future use or eat immediately.