Pass on the pecan pie and create a good-for-you version of the same treat in a deliciously nutty smoothie! Toasted pecans and maple syrup add decadence to this smoothie whether you’re drinking it first thing in the morning or as an after-dinner snack.
This smoothie tastes best if you toast the pecans, but if you don’t have time they’re just fine raw.
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 to 2 pitted dates (depending on how sweet you would like it)
- 1/2 cup pecans (preferably toasted)
- 1 1/2 cups Silk® Original Unsweetened Almondmilk
- 1 scoop Vanilla Vega® Essentials
- or 1 scoop Vanilla Vega® Protein & Greens
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt (optional)
Preheat your oven to 350° F and spread the pecans out onto a small sheet pan. Roast pecans for 10 minutes, until just fragrant. Once you can smell them, remove from the oven and let them cool slightly.
Alternative option: Lightly toast pecans in a frying pan over medium heat (stirring occasionally) until fragrant, about 10 minutes.
Once pecans are cooled, place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour smoothie into a tall glass and enjoy!