These mini leek and chard vegan frittatas are great to make ahead if you’re doing some meal prepping for the week. Just pop them in the oven in your trusty muffin tin, let your oven do the work, and have mini frittatas all week long for a quick and portable breakfast. Store in your fridge for up to five days and reheat them in your toaster oven when you’re ready to eat them.
- 1 cup potato, diced small
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary (o 1 tsp dried rosemary)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cup leek, thinly sliced
- 3 cups Swiss chard, thinly sliced
- 1 396g/14oz package soft tofu
- 2 Tbsp all purpose gluten-free flour
- 3 Tbsp chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or your favorite milk substitute)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a muffin tin.
On a sheet pan, combine potato, olive oil, rosemary, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
Meanwhile, in a sauce pan sauté leeks 10 to 15 minutes or until soft and slightly golden. Add Swiss chard and cook until chard is just wilted. Mix in potato.
Split vegetable mixture in muffin tin evenly.
In a blender, combine remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
Pour mixture into muffin tins until three quarters of the way full.
Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until firm. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.