Go on; buy the big bag of frozen cranberries this year. Use your leftover frozen cranberries from Thanksgiving dinner for these cranberry muffins that can be enjoyed any time of year.
Added Vega® Protein & Greens give these muffins a boost of protein and veggies!
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp orange juice
- ½ cup room temperature Silk® Unsweetened Almondmilk
- ⅓ cup softened vegan butter
- ⅓ cup apple sauce
- 1-1½ cup frozen cranberries, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp grated orange zest
- 1¾ cup gluten-free vanilla cake mix
- 1 serving Vanilla Vega® Protein & Greens
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Optional: additional 2 tsp grated orange zest and frozen cranberry pieces for topping
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Line muffin pans with liners.
Blend vinegar, almond milk, apple sauce, orange juice and butter. Add cranberries and orange zest.
Combine cake mix, Vega Protein & Greens and salt.
Add dry into wet ingredients, folding in lightly with rubber bowl scraper, until all dry ingredients are wet. The batter will be thick. Spoon into each muffin mold until 3/4 full.
Optional: Top each with frozen cranberry pieces and orange zest.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Since every oven is different I recommend setting your timer for 10 minutes and checking with a toothpick every minute or two from there. They’ll be done when the toothpick comes out clean.
Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes in muffin pan. Remove from muffin pan and allow to rest until completely cooled.
Freeze any remaining muffins in an airtight container.