Let’s get back to basics with this green smoothie. Apple, banana, and carrot provide plant-based sweetness and hide the flavor of the greens that give this smoothie this vibrant color.
For best results, use a frozen peeled banana rather than a fresh one – this will make the smoothie thicker and reduce the need for extra ice.
- 1 scoop Vanilla Vega® One Organic
- 1 big handful of your favorite mild-tasting greens, such as spinach or romaine lettuce
- 1/2 peeled banana
- 1/2 tart apple
- 1 medium-sized carrot (6-7" length), peeled and chopped
- 1 cup Silk® Unsweetened Original Almondmilk
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 2 Tbsp)
- 8 ice cubes
Toss everything except for the ice into your blender and blend on high until completely smooth.
Add the ice and continue blending until all pieces are crushed.
Pour into a tall glass and serve.