There’s something about a cake with a hole in the middle that makes it look extra fancy. Bundt cakes are a fantastic holiday staple, and are a great finale to a triumphant feast. This recipe calls for both almond and oat flour, which you can make yourself in a food processor with raw almonds and oats. Just blend until they resemble a flour-like texture.
You can make your own powdered (or icing sugar for those of us in Canada) by blending two cups of sugar in a food processor or blender until powder texture. If glaze hardens before you pour it over your cake, warm it slightly in a microwave.
- Bundt Cake
- 4 Tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 10 Tbsp water
- 1 cup Silk® Original Unsweetened Almondmilk
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil or olive oil
- 2/3 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy yogurt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Zest from 2 oranges
- 1 Tbsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup almond meal (finely ground from raw almonds)
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour (finely ground from raw oats)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup cranberries
- Orange Glaze
- 2 cups powdered / icing sugar
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease a 10 to 12 cup Bundt cake pan.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine ground flaxseeds and water to create a flaxseed “egg”. Set aside.
- Combine almond milk and apple cider vinegar.
- Add the oil, cane sugar and maple syrup to the flaxseed “egg” and whisk to combine.
- Add non-dairy yogurt, vanilla, and orange zest. Whisk to combine. Then add milk mixture and whisk again.
- In a large bowl, combine baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, almond meal, oat flour, gluten-free flour, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Combine half wet mixture into dry. Whisk to combine. Add remaining wet ingredients. Whisk until smooth.
- Mix in cranberries.
- Pour into greased cake pan and bake one hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden skewer stick (or fork) comes out clean.
- Let cake rest in the pan for 15 minutes. Flip onto a serving plate.
- Once cooled pour orange glaze over top.
- Whisk icing sugar, coconut oil, and salt.
- Add orange juice one tablespoon at a time until smooth.
- Pour over cooled cake.