Cold brew is exactly how it sounds; brew your coffee (overnight) using cold water versus hot. The benefit? A more concentrated, richer, bolder, more delicious flavor that kicks all other iced coffees to the curb. Feel free to choose decaf coffee over fully caffeinated if you prefer.
The second part of this recipe takes cold brew next level. Combine your cold brew concentrate with 1 scoop of Vega Sport® Premium Protein for a delicious post-workout option.
- Cold Brew
- 1 cup coffee beans, coarsely ground
- 4 cups filtered water
- Cold Brew + Protein Boost
- 8 oz cold brew concentrate
- 8 oz non-dairy milk
- 1 serving Vanilla, Chocolate or Mocha Vega Sport® Performance Protein
- Start with coarsely ground coffee beans. You can choose this option at your local market by purchasing whole bean coffee and using their coffee grinder.
- In a 6 cup (or larger) container, combine 1 cup of ground beans with 4 cups filtered water.
- Stir and place covered in your refrigerator overnight, or at least 12 hours.
- Line a standard strainer with a coffee filter. Working in small batches pour the coffee mixture through the filter. Discard the grounds (or save them for your garden!)
- Transfer strained coffee into an airtight pitcher–it should yield approximately 4 cups.
For Iced Coffee:
- Treat the cold brew as a concentrate. Pour 1 part cold brew with 1 part water / non-dairy milk.
- Add ice and any other sweeteners or flavors you desire. Sit back and enjoy!
For Protein Boosted Iced Coffee:
- Combine 8 ounces of cold brew concentrate with 8 ounces of non-dairy milk in a shaker cup or mason jar.
- Shake with Vega Sport Performance Protein.
- Add ice and enjoy!