We all scream for ice cream! Why not add a bit of plant-based protein to your ice cream this summer? Vegatopians swear by this recipe after hot summer workouts. Then once you’ve whipped up a batch of Chocolate Vegan Ice Cream with Vega Sport® Protein, squeeze it between two gluten-free ice cream cookies for a dessert that’s ready to serve or to enjoy later.
- Chocolate Protein Ice Cream :
- 2 cups chocolate hazelnut non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup coconut sugar or other sweetener (adjust quantity as needed with substitution)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 serving Chocolate Vega Sport® Performance Protein
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- ½ chopped bar of Vega® Maca Chocolate
- Oat Cookie :
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 large banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped fine
Chocolate Protein Ice Cream
- Combine all ingredients except hazelnuts and Vega Maca Chocolate in a blender and blend until smooth. Place into a container and refrigerate until cold.
- In an ice cream maker add chocolate mixture and follow ice cream maker instructions. Add Vega Maca Chocolate and hazelnut in the last two minutes of processing. Transfer to a container and freeze overnight.
Note: If you don’t have an ice cream maker you can freeze the chocolate mixture overnight with hazelnuts and maca chocolate already added in.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a cookie sheet.
- In a blender, process oats until they resemble a flour texture.
- In a bowl, mash banana and vanilla extract together. Add in oat flour and walnuts. Mix until well combined.
- Drop cookies by the spoonful onto cookie sheet and bake for 9 -12 minutes or until firm.
Once cookies have cooled, spread ice cream on 1 cookie and then top with another cookie. Eat right away or freeze in a container to enjoy later.