While these breakfast burritos require a bit of advanced preparation if you are planning on making them at a trailhead, they are well worth the effort.
- 1 package corn tortillas
- Salsa, as needed
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 cup mushrooms
- Salt, as desired
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- Non-dairy cheese, if desired
- Cabbage, thinly sliced
Day before camping trip:
- In a food processor, combine hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chili powder and salt. Process until a coarse grind. Move to a bowl.
- In food processor, add mushrooms and process until chopped.
- Mix in with nut mixture to create burrito “meat.” Refrigerate.
- Build burritos by placing burrito “meat,” a small amount of salsa, brown rice, non-dairy cheese and cabbage in tortilla. Roll with both ends inside. Wrap with foil.
- Heat over BBQ or fire for 5 minutes a side or until warm.