We took our favorite fried fritters from India and gave them a healthy makeover, without losing any of their flavor. Serve them with a fresh chutney—we prefer mint but you can experiment with mango or tamarind too!
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 1 carrot, shredded or cut julienned
- ⅓ cup red onion, diced into small pieces
- ½ green chili, seeds removed, diced into small pieces
- Handful spinach, cut into strips
- Batter Ingredients :
- 1½ cups chickpea flour
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot flour (or non-GMO corn starch)
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
Cut up all veggies.
For batter, mix together all dry ingredients and then whisk in almond milk until smooth.
Toss in all veggies and stir until coated. Mixture should be thick and not runny. Add extra flour if needed.
Take small handfuls of mixture and place on greased baking sheet. Bake at 450F for 15 minutes. Makes approximately 12 medium pakoras.
Serve with mint chutney.