By Brendan Brazier
Originally published in Thrive Energy Cookbook, Penguin Canada
This chlorophyll-packed, mineral-rich elixir will energize you with a small amount of natural sugar from the apple and pear.
- 2 large kale leaves, stems removed
- Handful of spinach
- ¼ English cucumber (unpeeled)
- 1 large celery rib, trimmed
- 1 large apple (unpeeled)
- 1 ripe pear
- ¼ tsp Vega® Chlorella
- 1 Tbsp wheatgrass juice (optional)
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
First, juice the kale and spinach. Then juice the cucumber, celery, apple, and pear.
Stir together and add the chlorella powder, making sure there are no lumps. Stir in the wheatgrass juice (if using) and lemon juice.