Vega Sport® Sugar-Free Energizer
Vega Sport Sugar-Free Energizer provides immediate and sustained energy to power through short workouts
- PANAX GINSENG
- COCONUT OIL
- NO SUGAR ADDED
About Vega Sport Sugar-Free Energizer
Even short workouts are better when your head is in the game.
Vega Sport Sugar-Free Energizer contains ten performance-driven plant-based ingredients to:
- Enhance mental focus Ruxton, CHS. (2008) The impact of caffeine on mood, cognitive function, performance and hydration: a review of benefits and risks. British Nutrition Foundation Nutrition Bulletin, 33, 15–25Health Canada. (2009). Natural Health Products Database Monograph: Panax Ginseng. Accessed 7/11/13 from http://webprod.hc-sc.gc.ca/nhpid-bdipsn/monoReq.do?id=146&lang=eng Health Canada. (2014). Natural Health Products Database Monograph: Rhodiola. Accessed 11/26/14 from http://webprod.hc-sc.gc.ca/nhpid-bdipsn/atReq.do?atid=rhodiol&lang=eng
- Increase energy Davis JK, Green JM. (2009). Caffeine and anaerobic performance: ergogenic value and mechanisms of action. Sports Medicine. 39(10) 813.
- Boost endurance Goldstein ER, et al. (2010). International society of sports nutrition position stand: caffeine and performance. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 7, 5. Accessed on 7/2/15 from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2824625/pdf/1550-2783-7-5.pdf
For only 5 calories!
Take Vega Sport Sugar-Free Energizer before short runs, yoga, pilates, gym workouts, and other low-intensity or short duration exercise lasting less than an hour to help you get in the zone.
Take Vega Sport Sugar-Free Energizer 20 minutes before low-intensity or short duration exercise to get in the zone.
Cautions and Warnings: Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are taking any medication or have a medical or serious underlying condition. Do not use if pregnant or breastfeeding. For adults only. This product is not intended as a substitute for sleep.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the caffeine in Vega Sport Sugar-Free Energizer compare to coffee?
There is 100 mg of caffeine from naturally occurring sources in one serving of Vega Sport Sugar-Free Energizer. The sources of caffeine are green tea and yerba maté. One 8 oz/250ml cup of coffee has between 100 and 135 mg of caffeine in it.
Should I use Vega Sport Pre-Workout Energizer or Vega Sport Sugar-Free Energizer?
Use Vega Sport Sugar-Free Energizer for:
- Running for up to 30 minutes
- Cycling for up to 30 minutes
- Swimming for up to 30 minutes
- Walking for up to 60 minutes
- Yoga (depending on intensity) for up to 90 minutes
- Pilates for up to 60 minutes
- Strength training up to 30 minutes (depending on intensity)
- High intensity intervals or Crossfit-style training for less than 30 minutes
- Running for more than 30 minutes
- Cycling for more than 30 minutes
- Swimming for more than 30 minutes
- Walking for more than 60 minutes
- Power yoga for more than 60 minutes
- Hockey, soccer or basketball games/practices of more than 30 minutes
- Intense strength training for more than 30 minutes
- High intensity intervals or Crossfit-style training for more than 30 minutes
How many times a day can I take Vega Sport Sugar-Free Energizer?
Experts say that adults should limit their intake to 200 mg of caffeine per day (1,2). Vega Sport® Sugar-Free Energizer contains 100mg of caffeine from green tea and yerba mate. This product is not intended as a substitute for sleep. Reference: 1. Food and Drug Administration (2007). Caffeine and Your Body Accessed 4/25/13 fromhttp://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/BuyingUsingMedicineSafely/UnderstandingOver-the-CounterMedicines/UCM205286.pdf 2. Health Canada.(2012). Caffeine in Food. Accessed 4/25/13 from http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/fn-an/securit/addit/caf/food-caf-aliments-eng.php
Can I give these products to my child?
Because Vega Sport® Sugar-Free Energizer contains caffeine, neither product is recommended for children. If you have further questions please consult your health care practitioner.