What’s a holiday party without a decent Antipasti Platter? Chef Morgan shares her prized Quick Pickled Veggies (Quickle) and Spiced Nut Recipes as well as other platter essentials.
Vegan Antipasti Platter Recipes:
- Quickle Ingredients:
- 1 quart mason jar
- Vegetables of your choice (cauliflower, onions, green beans, carrots, cucumbers, etc.)
- 1-2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 1 Tbsp coarse salt
- 1 Tbsp mustard seeds or a sprig of fresh dill (optional)
- Candied Nuts Ingredients:
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup walnuts
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- Salt, as desired
- Cayenne. as desired
- Pack a 1 quart glass jar with vegetables of choice and add in optional ingredients.
- In a saucepan, heat remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Pour liquid over ingredients and seal jar.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for 1 hour before moving to fridge.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan, melt coconut oil and brown sugar. Toss with walnuts and pecans.
- Spread into one layer on the cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes stirring every 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and cayenne and allow to cool.