Gather your friends and throw a vegan ice cream sundae party this Sunday! Make it extra special by making your own vegan ice cream—without a fancy shmancy ice cream maker.
Of course you could use that fancy ice cream maker, but it’s much more fun to gather your friends and sandwich-sized re-sealable bags. Once you’ve all made your ice cream, pour magic chocolate sauce on top to see it instantly solidify, plop a scoop of coconut whipped cream on top and a sprinkle of nuts, and enjoy. You can even slice a banana in half, lengthwise, and turn this sundae into a banana split.
- Vegan Ice Cream
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup coconut sugar or other sweetener
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 serving Vanilla or Chocolate Vega® Protein & Greens
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Vegan Ice Cream Method Ingredients
- 4 sandwich-sized re-sealable bags
- 4 gallon-sized re-sealable bags
- 12 cups ice
- 1 cup coarse salt (such as Kosher or pickling salt)
- Vegan Whipped Cream
- 1 can (16oz) coconut milk, **CHILLED OVERNIGHT**
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sweetener, as desired (maple syrup, cane sugar, etc.)
- Chocolate Sauce
- 1 large dark chocolate bar or 2 bars of Vega® Maca Chocolate
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- Optional Toppings
- Cherries, roasted nuts
Vegan Ice Cream
- Blend ice cream ingredients in a blender until smooth and then pour evenly between into 4 sandwich-sized resealable bags. Seal tightly, trying to remove as much air as possible.
- In the 4 gallon sized bags, evenly distribute ice and rock salt.
- Place one sandwich sized bag into each gallon sized bag and seal tightly.
- Squeeze bags for 10 to 15 minutes or until ice cream is thickened.
Coconut Whipped Cream
- Remove only coconut cream (the thick white substance at the top of the can).
- Using a mixer, whip cream until soft peaks form. Add in vanilla extract and sweetener.
- Coarsely chop chocolate.
- In the microwave or over the stove, heat chocolate and coconut oil until just melted
- Stir well.
- Place ice cream in bowls, top with chocolate sauce, whipped cream and desired toppings.