Want a baking pro-tip? Create a homemade batch of gluten-free baking mix in bulk, and save time in the kitchen when you’re called to whip up a quick bread or weekend pancakes. Convenient, with added nutrition thanks to Vega® Protein & Greens, this gluten-free mix will make baking easy, efficient and delicious.
Gluten-Free Baking Mix:
Combine the below ingredients and store in an air-tight container for up to 6 months.
- 4 cups (1000 mL) all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) Vega® Protein & Greens, Vanilla
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) coconut sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) oats, ground
- ⅓ cup baking powder
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking soda
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fine ground salt
Waffles & Pancake Batter
2 ½ cups Gluten-Free Baking Mix
1 cup non-dairy milk
1 ½ tsp coconut oil (melted) or avocado oil
1 cup banana, smashed
- 1. Mix all ingredients into batter and use waffle maker according to its instructions.
- 1. Mix all ingredients into batter.
- 2. Heat skillet or nonstick frying pan to a medium heat. Cover surface of pan with oil of choice.
- 3. Place 1/3 cup batter on hot pan and cook till bubbles appear (around a minute, depending on pan heat and amount of batter used). Flip pancake and cook for another minute or two until pancake is cooked all the way through.
Top with maple syrup, vegan butter and enjoy! Or jazz it up with berries and coconut whipped cream for something a little fancier.