What’s better than ripe, buttery, sweet avocado mashed onto a warm piece of toast? Adding an unexpected topping will elevate the texture and flavor to make it better than ever. Step up your snack with this recipe that is both quick and easy. Try any one (or more!) of the avocado toast combos below or let us know your favorite topping.
Tip: look for avocados that are ripe for optimal flavor and consistency. A ripe avocado is dark green/black and semi-soft to the touch.
- 1 to 2 slices gluten-free bread or 100% sprouted whole grain bread
- 1 ripe avocado
- Sea salt to taste
- Toppings of choice, such as:
- Hemp hearts
- Chili flakes and extra virgin olive oil
- Sliced cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and olive oil
- Sliced cucumber and dill
- Strawberries and balsamic vinegar drizzle
- Mango, cilantro and lime
- Sesame seeds and rice vinegar drizzle
- Pomegranate seeds and walnuts
- Radish and sprouts
Toast bread to desired darkness
Spread ½ of a ripe avocado on each slice of bread. Use a fork for easy mashing.
Sprinkle with sea salt
Top with one of the above combinations in any amount desired and dive in!