Want to get try this maple bacon trend while staying committed to a plant-based lifestyle? Coconut bacon to the rescue! Local maple syrup pairs perfectly in this sweet and savory smoothie.
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 cup ice
- ½ cup coconut or almond milk
- 1 serving Vega One Natural or French Vanilla
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
Coconut Bacon Garnish
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free tamari
- 1 Tbsp liquid smoke
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch salt
- ½ pound (3-4 cups) large flaked coconut
Coconut Bacon Instructions
- Preheat oven to 325 F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine tamari, liquid smoke, maple syrup, smoked paprika and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add in coconut flakes and toss well. Let marinade for at least an hour.
- Drain liquid and lay coconut onto a sheet pans in one layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or more. Positioning the sheet pan in the oven differently each time. Keep a close eye on the coconut bacon after the first 10 minutes. Remove from oven once evenly browned.
- Cool completely before storing in an air-tight container.
- Combine all ingredients except Coconut Bacon in blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with Coconut Bacon.
Latest posts by Morgan Shupe (see all)
- Cherry Cheesecake Smoothie - July 27, 2015
- Protein Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches - July 14, 2015
- Campfire Recipes: Grilled Veggies with Stone Fruit - July 6, 2015