For the second instalment of our Quinoa Recipe Series, Chef Morgan shares her delicious Quinoa Fried “Rice” recipe. Flavorful and packed with veggies, this recipe is the perfect healthy substitute for the comfort food favorite. Adjust the spice level to your tastes and enjoy!
Quinoa Fried “Rice” Ingredients
- 1 tsp coconut or olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup assorted mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup cabbage, small dice
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, small dice
- 1/4 cup edamame beans
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa, room temperature or cold
- 1 teaspoon sriracha chili sauce, or to taste, depending on desired spice
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- Sesame oil, for drizzling
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a wok or sauté pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 5 – 7 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger and sauté another 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, carrots, cabbage and red pepper. Sauté 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add edamame. Sauté 1 minute.
- Add in quinoa, sauté for 3 – 5 minutes or until quinoa is hot.
- Add in sriracha and soy sauce. Sauté 2 minutes.
- Drizzle sesame oil and sesame seeds on top for serving.
Morgan is the Vega Office Chef. She creates nutritious lunches for the staff to help them fuel their day. Morgan has a passion for sprouting, fermenting and juicing. She is currently going to school for nutrition at the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition. Morgan also has recently started a cooking and nutrition blog “Shupe’s Soups”. Blog – http://shupessoups.blogspot.ca Twitter – https://twitter.com/morganshupe
Latest posts by Morgan Shupe (see all)
- Cherry Cheesecake Smoothie - July 27, 2015
- Protein Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches - July 14, 2015
- Campfire Recipes: Grilled Veggies with Stone Fruit - July 6, 2015