Vega + People Footwear Giveaway Rules
VEGA® X PEOPLE FOOTWEAR™ “BACK TO CAMPUS” CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: THE VEGA® X PEOPLE FOOTWEAR™ “BACK TO CAMPUS” CONTEST (“Contest”) is open to all legal U.S. residents currently residing in the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of first entry. Void where prohibited by law and anywhere not specifically listed herein. Employees, officers and directors of Vega US, LLC and Sequel Naturals Ltd. (collectively referred to as “Sponsor”), People Footwear™ (Canada) Inc. (“People Footwear”), their parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, production or fulfillment agencies, Web masters/suppliers (and their IRS dependents, immediate family members [spouse, parents, children, siblings] and individuals residing in their same household, whether or not related) are not eligible to participate. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s judging decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent to fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: Contest begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 23 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on September 10, 2017 (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Throughout the Contest Period take a photo showing how you love Vega products and post the photo on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook with the official hashtags “#vegaxpeople #sweeps” (each posted photo, an “Entry”). If there are multiple people included in an Entry, only the account which was used to upload the Entry will be considered as a potential Winner, meaning all other individuals in the photo besides the single account holder will not be eligible (each account holder, a “Participant”). Upon successful posting of your Entry, you will automatically be entered with one (1) Entry into the Contest. As the account holder for your Entry you acknowledge you are solely responsible for and must obtain the consent of all other individuals that appear in your Entry, and by submitting an Entry you represent and warrant you have obtained all necessary permissions and consents from all individuals appearing in such Entry. All potential Winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON PER SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM (I.E. PER UNIQUE USERNAME, AUTHORIZED ACCOUNT HOLDER OR OTHER IDENTIFIER) PER DAY. ADDITIONAL ENTRIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Entries must be submitted by a Participant or a legal parent/guardian of the Participant. Any attempt by any Participant to obtain more than the stated number of plays and/or Entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s plays and/or Entries, and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the social media account page used to register will be deemed to be the Participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Only one individual may be an authorized account holder; multiple people cannot be considered a single authorized account holder. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or forfeit the prize. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win. You must provide all required information to be eligible to enter. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted or untimely Entries are void and will be disqualified. By participating in the Contest Participants acknowledge and agrees that Sponsor and Sponsor’s agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives or service providers shall have the right to use entrants’ and/or referrals’ personal information submitted with Entry for purposes of prize fulfillment and/or for future marketing by Sponsor, such as to notify them of a product or promotion that Sponsor thinks may be of interest.
4. WINNER SELECTION: One (1) winner (each, a “Winner”) will be selected by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion from among all eligible entries received on the specified social media platforms according to the criteria set forth herein:
- Creativity – 40%
- Originality – 40%
- Encouraging a Healthy Lifestyle – 20%
The selection of a Winner will be conducted in Sponsor’s sole authority and discretion, and all potential Winners will be subject to winner verification by Sponsor.
5. PRIZE DETAILS: Prizes: Fourteen (14) Total: At the conclusion of the Contest Period, Vega will select fourteen (14) winners (each, a “Winner”). Each Winner will receive one (1) Vega x People Back-to-Campus Giveaway Kit (each, a “Prize”). Each Prize shall be awarded in Sponsor’s or Sponsor’s designee’s sole discretion. Winner recognizes that the Prize may differ from those shown in advertisements. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Prize: Up to $175.00. Total ARV of all prizes is up to $2,450.00. Winner is responsible for any loss of Prize or any portion of any Prize after it has been delivered. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen Prizes. If a Winner cannot accept the Prize then Prize may be forfeited. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize is unavailable. Prize is not for re-sale and cannot be sold after awarded. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Limit one (1) Prize per person/household throughout the Contest Period.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering, Participants agree (and agree to confirm in writing) that: (a) Sponsor, People Footwear, their parent companies, subsidiaries, related and affiliated entities, partners, members, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are released, will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by participants against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to person(s) including, without limitation, death, or property, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities; (b) except where legally prohibited, Winner’s grants to Sponsor and those acting under its authority the right to the use of his/her name, picture, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements and the Entry, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval, unless prohibited by law (If requested by Sponsor, Winner shall confirm this in writing); (c) any portion of the prize not accepted or used by the Winner will be forfeited; and (d) Sponsor is not responsible for any inability of Winner to accept or use any Prize (or any portion thereof) for any reason. Each Winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to their prize after it has been delivered.
8. LIABILITY LIMITATIONS: The Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, stolen, postage-due, mutilated, non-delivered or misdirected entries, text messages or mail; or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider, telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of an entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Contest or otherwise attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair entry practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or Sponsor representatives, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods, and disqualify any participant using such methods. The Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s wireless device related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by human error, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, and assume no responsibility for any error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend this Contest should fraud, virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will randomly award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY EQUIPMENT USED FOR THE CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Binding Arbitration and Disputes: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply New York law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE PARTICIPANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN SPONSOR’S CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT INCLUDING EACH PRIZE WINNER AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT OR PRIZE WINNER BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) PARTICIPANT AND EACH PRIZE WINNER’S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND PARTICIPANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY PARTICIPANT.
10. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: By participating, participants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the County of Westchester. By participating, participants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Westchester County, New York.
11. WINNER’S LIST: For the names of the winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Vega (Sequel Naturals Ltd) 101-3001 Wayburne Dr., Burnaby, BC V5G4W3 by September 30, 2017.
SPONSOR: Vega US, LLC, 1225 – 17th Street, Suite 1000, Denver, CO 80202 and Sequel Naturals ULC, 101-3001 Wayburne Drive, Burnaby, BC V5G 4W3 Canada
© 2017 Vega US, LLC. All rights reserved.