If you wake up feeling especially festive, why not add a cheerful twist to your breakfast! Ginger and molasses contribute the classic gingerbread flavor to these filling vegan protein pancakes that are sure to keep you satisfied until lunch. If gingerbread doesn’t appeal to you, give these banana protein pancakes a try!
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (almond, coconut, rice etc.)
- 2 Tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour (we used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 serving Vanilla Vega Sport® Performance Protein
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Optional Toppings: banana slices, chopped nuts, maple or agave syrup
Whisk together non-dairy milk, apple sauce, and molasses. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, mix remaining dry ingredients.
Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet, mix until just combined. Add more non-dairy milk if batter appears too thick.
Melt coconut oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat, or use a griddle.
Add a quarter cup of the batter into the pan. Flip once bubbles have formed and popped (approximately 2 minutes per side).
Top with fresh fruit, nuts, or syrup and enjoy!