With holiday indulgences behind us, you might be craving some lighter fare these days. Even better, if you’ve resolved to drink more green smoothies this year, here’s an easy and delicious one to add to your rotation. New to green smoothies? Stick to mild-tasting greens like romaine and spinach for a while. Then experiment with others – baby kale, chard, and beet greens – the possibilities are endless!
- 1 serving Vanilla Vega® Essentials
- or your favorite Vanilla Vega plant-based protein powder
- 1 cup water or Silk® Original Unsweetened Almondmilk
- 1 big handful mixed baby greens, such as baby kale, chard and spinach
- 1/3 cup tart green apple, cored and diced
- 1/3 cup diced pear
- 1/3 cup sliced cucumber
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 6 to 8 ice cubes
Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
Adjust the consistency with a little more almond milk or ice if needed.
Pour into a glass and serve.