Holiday flavors are warm, cozy and nourishing to the soul. The challenge is often finding beverages that don’t come with a heavy dose of calories, unhealthy fats and artificial ingredients. Miranda Malisani’s gingerbread smoothie provides the delectable gingerbread flavor enjoyed most this time of year with health-promoting nutrients.
- 1 cup gingerbread herbal tea (steep one tea bag in 1 cup hot water for 10 minutes and chill)
- ½ cup frozen unsweetened almond milk
- 1 serving Vanilla Chai Vega One™ Nutritional Shake
- 3 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice blend (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, allspice)
- Blend ingredients in a high-powered blender and enjoy the warmth (or chill) of the season!
- If you can’t find gingerbread herbal tea, replace with ginger tea or 1 inch fresh ginger root.
- Freeze almond milk in ice cube trays ahead of time. Forgot to chill? Just use regular almond milk and add 3 ice cubes