Some of fall’s finest produce comes together in this delicious, seasonal smoothie bowl. Lightly spiced with cinnamon, ginger and cloves, it makes getting your fruit and veggies in almost effortless.
For smaller and less powerful blenders, chopping the vegetables into smaller chunks will help them to blend more easily. Out of butternut squash? Sweet potato makes an excellent substitute. Yes, you can use fresh or frozen butternut squash to make this smoothie, it’s delicious either way.
- 1 scoop Vanilla Vega® Essentials
- 1 cup peeled and cubed butternut squash, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 apple, cored
- 1 small carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of cloves
- Optional garnishes: apple slices, dried cranberries and your favorite granola
Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
Adjust the consistency with a little more almond milk or ice if needed.
Pour into a bowl. Top with apples, dried cranberries and granola, and serve with a spoon.