Ideal for strength athletes in pursuit of building lean mass, this recovery smoothie is a delicious way to feed your fatigued muscles while reducing inflammation and oxidative damage to your cells. Popularized at the Thrive Energy Lab by those who just spent themselves at the gym.
- Thrive Energy Cookbook by Brendan Brazier
- Publisher: Penguin Canada
- 2 Tbsp raw cashews
- 2 Tbsp vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 Tbsp raw cashew butter
- 1 Tbsp pitted and chopped Medjool dates
- 1 serving Vanilla Vega Sport® Performance Protein
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or homemade, page 23)
- ¼ cup agave nectar or maple syrup (optional - recommended if your workout has exceeded 90 minutes)
- 2 cups ice cubes
In a blender, combine all the ingredients except the ice.
Add ice to about 1 inch (2.5 cm) above the liquid line.
Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy.