Want to impress someone special this Holiday season? These truffles are sure to do the trick!
- Truffle Ingredients :
- 1 cup of whole nuts (cashews, walnuts, etc., your choice)
- 1 cup medjool dates (pitted)
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- ½ tsp ground vanilla bean or vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp Vega® Maca
- Optional Toppings :
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon combined with Tbsp Vega® Maca
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped small
- Grind nuts in a food processor, until fine
- Add dates and blend until smooth (scraping sides of the food processor into middle as needed)
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until combined
- Roll mixture into balls
- Lay topping out on a piece of parchment paper or cutting board.
- Roll the balls in the desired topping before chilling. If you chose cranberries, push them into the ball as you roll to ensure even distribution
- Serve chilled (from the fridge — not the freezer).
- Store in an air-tight container in the freezer and transfer to the fridge 1 to 2 hours before serving.