- Product Benefits
Why you'll love it
Vega Chlorella is processed in state-of-the-art facilities under the strictest of quality standards, so you can enjoy it in tablet or powder form.
- Grown in freshwater
- Grown outdoors in rich, spring-fed freshwater ponds on pristine, subtropical Japanese coral islands
- High-pressure jet-sprayed to crack cell walls
- This drying technique creates deep cracks in the cell walls, making the nutrients within available to you, but keeps them contained and intact within the cell walls until consumed
- Chlorella Growth Factor (CGF)
- Produced during intense photosynthesis, CGF is a water-soluble extract unique to chlorella. CGF enables chlorella to multiply four times every 20 hours—making it one of the planet’s fastest-growing organisms. Chlorella has been investigated by NASA as a nutrient source during space travel.
- Ingredients & Nutrition
Whether you're looking for a particular ingredient or just tracking your diet and health, you'll find the answers you need here.
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value* 1 teaspoon (2.5 g) Protein (from Chlorella vulgaris) 1,483 mg † Potassium 12.5 mg <1% Iron (from Chlorella vulgaris) 2.35 mg 13% Beta carotene (from Chlorella vulgaris) 450 IU † Vitamin A (from Chlorella vulgaris) 250 IU 5% Chlorella vulgaris (cracked whole cell) 2,500 mg † Chlorophyll 66 mg † *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. †Daily Value Not Established.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Take 2,500mg daily, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
Consult your health care provider if you have any concerns about the use of these or any new products. Consult a medical professional if you are on blood thinning medication. Do not use if you are pregnant or nursing. Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight and UV. Some people may experience cleansing-type symptoms when first taking this product; discontinue use if you experience persisting abdominal cramps, diarrhea, flatus or nausea.
Contraindications: Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Get ideas on how to use it!
Why is calcium added to Vega Chlorella?
Tricalcium Phosphate is added to Vega Chlorella tablets as a binding agent. It is not added to Vega Chlorella powder.
Why does Vega Chlorella have a cracked cell wall?
We use a mechanical process that cracks the cell wall of chlorella through pressure without using heat. This high pressure jet spray drying technique creates deep cracks in the cell walls, and helps keep the nutrients contained and intact within the cell walls.
Is Vega Chlorella safe for children?
Consult your pediatrician before giving Vega® Chlorella or any dietary supplement or natural health product to your child.
What is the difference between spirulina and chlorella?
Spirulina and chlorella are biologically different organisms, with different cell shapes, structures, and pigments. While they each have their own nutritional benefits, Vega® Chlorella has iron.