From $29.70 to $29.99
Join the Vega Plant Co/op to get these benefits:
on orders $30+
Already a member?Sign in now
Add more green to your day with premium Vega ® Chlorella, an unicellular, microscopic, fresh-water green algae.
- 5% DV antioxidant vitamin A
- 13% DV iron
- 450 IU beta carotene
Why you'll love it
Vega Chlorella is processed in state-of-the-art facilities under the strictest of quality standards, so you can enjoy it in tablet or powder form.
- Grown in freshwater
- Grown outdoors in rich, spring-fed freshwater ponds on pristine, subtropical Japanese coral islands
- High-pressure jet-sprayed to crack cell walls
- This drying technique creates deep cracks in the cell walls, making the nutrients within available to you, but keeps them contained and intact within the cell walls until consumed
- Chlorella Growth Factor (CGF)
- Produced during intense photosynthesis, CGF is a water-soluble extract unique to chlorella. CGF enables chlorella to multiply four times every 20 hours—making it one of the planet’s fastest-growing organisms. Chlorella has been investigated by NASA as a nutrient source during space travel.
Take 2,500mg daily, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
Consult your health care provider if you have any concerns about the use of these or any new products. Consult a medical professional if you are on blood thinning medication. Do not use if you are pregnant or nursing. Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight and UV. Some people may experience cleansing-type symptoms when first taking this product; discontinue use if you experience persisting abdominal cramps, diarrhea, flatus or nausea.
Contraindications: Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Find great tasting recipes that use this product, and more:Recipe Center
Why does Vega Chlorella have a cracked cell wall?
We use a mechanical process that cracks the cell wall of chlorella through pressure without using heat. This high pressure jet spray drying technique creates deep cracks in the cell walls, and helps keep the nutrients contained and intact within the cell walls.
Is Vega Chlorella safe for children?
Consult your pediatrician before giving Vega® Chlorella or any dietary supplement or natural health product to your child.
What is the difference between spirulina and chlorella?
Spirulina and chlorella are biologically different organisms, with different cell shapes, structures, and pigments. While they each have their own nutritional benefits, Vega® Chlorella has iron.
Why is calcium added to Vega Chlorella?
Tricalcium Phosphate is added to Vega Chlorella tablets as a binding agent. It is not added to Vega Chlorella powder.