Originally posted on The First Mess.
If you don’t have time for both coffee and breakfast, why not blend them both together in a smoothie? Ever wondered how to make a sweet potato shake? We gave Laura from The First Mess veggie protein powder and Silk® Original Unsweetened Almondmilk to hack her smoothie routine and she created this spiced and rich smoothie. It’s the perfect smoothie for transitioning into the colder months and full of delicious fall harvest fragrances.
- 1/2 cup Silk Original Unsweetened Almondmilk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cold brewed coffee (I've been digging this one lately)
- 1/3 cup cooked sweet potato flesh (from about 1/2 of a small, roasted sweet potato)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 scoop French Vanilla Vega One® Organic All-in-One Shake
- or 1/2 scoop Vanilla Vega® Essentials
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract or ground vanilla
- Small handful of ice
In an upright blender, combine the almond milk, cold brewed coffee, sweet potato, banana, Vega One® All-in-One Shake or Vega® Essentials, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, vanilla, and ice.
Blend on high until completely smooth and frothy, about 1 minute.
Top with a dollop of coconut milk yogurt or coconut whipped cream if you’re feeling fancy.