Looking for an escape from the chilly winter months? Jump on board with us and take a quick trip south of the border with these fun and easy-to-make avocado boats. Surf, sand, and sunblock not included!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Dressing Ingredients :
- Juice of one lime
- 3 Tbsp Vega® Antioxidant Omega Oil Blend
- 2 tsp agave nectar (or your favorite sweetener)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ⅛ tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Cut avocado in half, remove the pit and scoop out the flesh (being careful to keep each half whole).
In a medium sized bowl toss quinoa, black beans, red pepper, red onion, and fresh cilantro.
In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
Toss quinoa mixture with the dressing until well coated.
Fill each avocado half with the quinoa mixture and serve immediately.