It doesn’t get much better than an excellent Caesar salad, or at least that’s what we thought until we developed this superfood kale Caesar salad. We decided the most important elements were a creamy dressing, fresh leafy greens, and in satisfying crunch. Long gone are the days when a Caesar salad played a supporting role at the dinner table, All hail the Caesar salad that will forever take center stage!
- Cashew Vegan Caesar Dressing :
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup olive oil or Vega® Antioxidant Omega Oil Blend
- 2- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon
- 1 Tbsp vegan worcheshire
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cashew Parmesan :
- ½ cup cashews
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- Kale Caesar Salad :
- 1 large bowl of mixed kale (dinosaur kale, baby kale, ect.)
- 1-2 shallots, thinly sliced
- Croutons (we used gluten-free croutons made of rice)
Cashew Vegan Caesar Dressing
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Taste and adjust flavor as desired.
- Grind all ingredients until a fine crumble.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
Kale Caesar Salad
1. Mix kale and croutons with desired amount of Caesar dressing.
2. Plate and top with cashew parmesan.