By Lauren Toyota of hot for food
Not a fan of green smoothies? Well, Lauren Toyota of hot for food believes that this smoothie will give you the courage to become a regular green smoothie connoisseur. She made the switch from coffee to green smoothies every morning and has been feeling more alive ever since, but we know that no matter when you drink this smoothie that your body will be thanking you.
Lauren always likes to add creaminess to her green smoothies with things like bananas, almond milk, and oil (either coconut or flax)—she believes that it helps to mask the idea of blended greens. Lauren has also loaded this green smoothie with protein in the form of hemp seeds and Vega One so it’ll do the body extra good first thing in the morning.
So now it’s time for you to join team green!
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup fresh apple or orange juice (or for something less sweet you can use water or coconut water)
- 1 serving French Vanilla Vega One™ Nutritional Shake
- ½ frozen banana
- 2 whole large leaves of kale, stems included
- 1 green apple, cut off the core
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 pitted medjool dates
- 3 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 Tbsp flax oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 cup ice cubes
In a high powered blender combine all the ingredients until smooth.