You want to spice up your weeknights but you also don’t want to do a lot of dishes. Nobody’s got time for that! The beauty of this dish, inspired by Chilaquiles, a classic Mexican dish, is that it’s made from many ingredients you have in your pantry right now and here it is... You only have to dirty one casserole dish. Weeknight win.
- 2 generous handfuls coarsely broken organic corn tortilla chips
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15oz) cup pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups salsa
- 2 cups shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- Topping options:
- Chopped green onions, cilantro, diced tomato, sliced avocado
- Serve with a side of salsa and refried beans or a small green salad
Preheat oven to 400F.
Place broken tortilla chips in the bottom of a lightly greased 9×13 casserole dish.
Layer with 1/2 of each in the following order: beans, taco seasoning, salsa, cheese. Repeat.
Cook covered in foil for 15 minutes.
Cook uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.
Garnish with desired toppings and serve.
Alternate crockpot directions:
Lightly grease crockpot.
Layer as above.
Cook on low for 4 hours.