Everyone will be leaving your dinner party raving about your dessert, guaranteed. Just looking at these dessert skewers will make you want to skip dinner and head right for dessert. If you have kids, bring them into the kitchen to help make the raw cookie balls—a cookie dough everyone can feel good about eating.
- Chocolate Covered Fruit
- 5 oz chocolate
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 10 large strawberries
- 2 large bananas
- Raw Chocolate Cookie Balls
- 1/2 cup nut butter (cashew, peanut, or almond butter)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
Chocolate Covered Fruit
- Wash strawberries and dry, set aside with the green tops still attached. Peel and cut bananas into 1” pieces and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, melt chocolate and coconut oil on low heat.
- Once chocolate has melted, remove from heat and with one skewer coat fruit in chocolate.
- Once all the fruit has been covered in chocolate, place on wax paper and set let cool in refrigerator.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine nut butter, oats, cocoa powder, vanilla, salt and maple syrup. Once mixed together roll into balls. (It should make 10-12)
- Place shredded coconut in a small bowl or plate and roll balls in coconut until fully covered.
- Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Before serving take fruit and cookie balls out of the fridge and place on a skewer. Each skewer should have one strawberry, cookie ball, and frozen banana.
- Serve and enjoy.