Craving that luscious combination of coffee and cream? This dairy-free tiramisu is a fresh spin on the Italian classic. Instead of traditional lady finger cookies, you’ll make a nutrient dense crust from oats, walnuts and dates. Trust us on this one. Simple with only two delicious layers, this layered dessert will be waiting in the freezer for your next dinner party (or chocolate craving).
- 1 cup non-dairy oats or walnuts (or a mix of both)
- 1 cup dates
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup dried unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- Optional: 2 Tbsp dairy-free coffee liqueur, like Kahlua®. (If not using, replace with additional 1/4 tsp of instant coffee granules.)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- Optional: 2 Tbsp cacao nibs, or non-dairy chocolate sprinkles, for decoration
- In a food processor, grind walnuts, oats, salt and coffee powder until it resembles a coarse flour. Add dates and process until dates are smooth and mixture forms a ball. You may need to add 1 to 2 teaspoon of water to help the mixture blend easier.
- Line a 9- inch springform pan or loaf pan with wax or parchment paper. Press crust into bottom of pan and smooth down evenly. Place in freezer until filling is ready.
- Soak 1/2 cup cashews and coconut in boiling hot water for 20 minutes. Drain water and add cashews and coconuts to a high-speed blender.
- Add remaining filling ingredients to blender and blend until completely smooth. Taste and adjust flavors as desired.
- Pour filling on top of crust. Place in freezer for 4 hours or overnight.
- Dust with cocoa powder and sprinkle with cacao nibs or sprinkles before serving.
- Serve frozen or slightly softened from the refrigerator.