Why wait for a special occasion? These Chocolate Cupcakes have protein to make them an any-day-snack. See if your friends can guess the secret frosting ingredient!
- Chocolate Cupcakes :
- 1 cups non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1½ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ½ cup oats, ground
- 2 servings Chocolate Vega Sport® Performance Protein
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- Avocado Frosting :
- 1 avocados, peeled and pitted
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 serving Chocolate Vega Sport® Performance Protein
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- Salt, as desired
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin tin.
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, protein, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
In a separate mixing bowl, combine milk, vinegar, maple syrup and coconut oil.
Gently fold wet and dry ingredients together and pour into muffin tins.
Bake 12-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
While cupcakes are cooling make frosting. In a blender combine, avocado, orange zest and juice, cocoa powder, protein, salt and maple syrup.
Frost cooled cupcakes and enjoy!